Tuesday, August 25, 2015

14 - Procrastination at its Finest

Procrastination or cramming for short is a developed habit that is common to almost every people we encounter. Even ourselves are aware of the fact that we are also one of the people who does procrastinating a lot. It is quite a bad habit for any person to acquire but it has become a pandemic disease that only a few people can cure. The main reason of this is because of our laziness. From time to time, people nowadays become lazier and lazier which results to repetitive cramming. Somehow it acts like a cancer where it becomes when it is not treated during its earlier stages. People today are very fond of doing this habit. Why is this so? Why is procrastinating a very common deed for most people? Is there a possible solution to this kind of problem? 

In my own opinion, procrastinating is product of a personal choice. Putting it simply, one has a power to do it or not. However, people are often provoked to do cramming not only for once but also for many times. When I was still at middle school, I used to do all my assignments and finish them as soon as they were given. On the other hand, I also developed an early sign of procrastination. During our times when the computer is not yet much of as thing, I used to do my homework even if it kills me. But when we had our own family computer and my mom and dad decides to let us use it every night, I am mostly tempted to skip my assignments and play games. As a result, I don't have anything to submit to my teacher. From that day forth, that habit of mine grew slowly and slowly until now. It is like a stage four cancer which renders me hopeless to find a possible cure. When I became a high school student,we had a very restricted time due to the fact that we have a 10-hour shift. In addition to that, we are obliged to do an assignment for each of the ten subjects we had in one day. Because of this, we do not have much time in home to take a rest, do our schoolwork and do whatever we want at the same time. As expected, this lead me to do a lot of procrastination until now and then. Aside form that, temptations are always in the way of many students. Almost every time, my computer games tempts me so hard that I will always skip and do my work some other time. 

Four years have past and I am already a college student. It won't be a good habit for me to procrastinate a lot. That's why I decided to be more industrious and hardworking in my academics. I hope someday, I will prove that cramming has a cure just like every diseases. Procrastination will not work its way out of you; instead; you have to find a way for procrastination to work out of your body. You might be thinking that you should do this in another time. There is one thing I could say: You should quit on that. It is up to you if you will find a way to overcome it or not. As long as you have the will to do so, you will most likely succeed.

2 comments:

  1. This is the most true-to-life post that I have seen. Procrastination is in the equation of a teenagers' plans of a destination!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Procrastination delays us for our goals in life. I wonder why we can't let go of it eventhough there's no good into it?

    ReplyDelete